Easy Peanut Butter Cups
I have a sweet tooth! If you put chocolate in front of me it will be gone before you even get a chance to blink. If I could live with Willy Wonka I would. It's no secret that I like to indulge in treats, but when I do I try to make sure I know exactly what is in them, and that I can pronounce every ingredient listed on the package. This sadly is getting harder and harder to find.
One night I had a craving for a peanut butter cup. Instead of trekking in my sweats to the nearest store I thought instead to whip some up of my own. These PB Cups are super easy and quick to make, and don't contain any weird chemicals or added refined sugar.
Bottom Chocolate Layer
· ½ cup cocoa powder
· 3 tbsp. coconut oil
· 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
· 1 tbsp. honey(Or agave)
· 2 tsp. vanilla
Peanut Butter Layer
· ¼ cup natural peanut butter
· 1 tbsp. coconut oil
· 1/2 tbsp. honey
· 1 tsp. cinnamon
· Almonds, dried cherries, other nuts of your choice (optional)
1. Melt in the microwave for 30 seconds all the ingredients for the bottom chocolate layer. Then stir until smooth.
2. Line a muffin tray with 6 muffin cups. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the cups until they are about 1 to 2 inches in depth.
3. Freeze for 10 minutes.
4. Melt the ingredients for the Peanut Butter layer in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
5. Take the muffin tin out of the freezer and add almonds, dried cherries, or other nuts of choice on top of the now frozen chocolate layer.
6. Spoon 1 tbsp of the peanut butter mixture on top, then drizzle with remaining chocolate mixture.
7. Place back into the freezer, and freeze for 15 minutes.
Take out and enjoy! If you don't eat them all in one go store the leftovers in the fridge for later!